The new #knifefree campaign challenges perceptions that carrying a knife makes you safer.
May 11, 2018
Real life stories
The campaign talks about the stories of young people who have made the decision of not carrying a knife in order to pursue positive alternatives.
These are all true stories played by actors.
Click here to find out more #Knifefree stories.
- You are much more likely to get stabbed while carrying a knife, as situations with weapons get out of control quickly.
- There is no ‘safe place’ to get stabbed.
- Possession of a knife can lead to 5 years in prison, even if it is unused.
- Having one for protection is not an excuse.
- Murdering someone with a knife can lead to a life sentence.
Find more facts on the No Knives, Better Lives website:
And we have an extensive article on Knife Crime here on the Dock!
Active on social media? Keep up-to-date with The Dock!