Who We Are
School nurses are a team who support your health needs whilst you are at school.
What We Do
School nurses support your health needs in school, this includes:
- Agreeing care plans and training staff when you need special medical help or medication in school.
- Offering immunisations as part of the National Immunisation Programme.
- Meeting with you and your family to support health issues.
- Vision, hearing, height and weight screening.
- Every school (and alternative educational setting) has an allocated school nurse who works during term-times.
- A nurse also works specifically with the Youth Offending Team.
This service is one of a range of integrated childcare support services that ensure all-round, comprehensive care for the young person.
Who The Service is For
All young people aged from 4 to 18 years of age who are attending mainstream or alternative education settings.
How To Contact Us
You can find the number for your school nurse by clicking here
School nurses are available during school hours in term time.